My dad's side of the family all came up to Lakewood a few weeks ago. It was a lot of fun. It was great for the kids to meet the family and for my family to meet them. I just loved it so much! I cannot believe it has been 6+ years since I have seen some of them....just too long. Oddly nothing seems different...isn't that funny with family and people you have a long history with? I guess it is because you keep in touch otherwise but it is still odd to me.
We went to the Lakewood Arts Festival. After walking around viewing the art and us seeking out a wedding gift (unsuccessful) we headed to chinese food dinner. I took them to my patient's restaurant which is great food and everyone agreed. I think I was most nervous about those kinds of decisions with everyone visiting. I was by no means in charge but being as Lakewood is home for us we played a large part in planning/directing food, hotels, etc. So I was nervous people would like it. It all turned out great though.
Sunday more family arrived. My mom spent most of the morning working on bette's cake at our house so we visited and hung. Then we went to set up for the party. The food was excellent and the party even better. The kids had a blast..I mean, who wouldn't anything you want to eat including homemade cake :) Pictures up on the rooftop followed by a walk around the neighborhood finished the evening. Oh and then some watching of old pictures..I can't forget. It was so much fun.
Monday we had some people leaving for the airport so we gathered for a nature walk in rocky river reservation and the nature center. Then we made it back for the final group leftovers lunch. THe rest of that day was lounging and pool and nap and then we all (the ones left) went to our house for a casual grill out. We put up our big lots tent and enjoyed the beautiful breeze. The rain held off just long enough. The kids all played with chalk, rode bikes, and ran amok for the evening.
Tuesday evening was the final day and we headed off to B.A Sweeties candy shop, then off to the airport. I was whipped following the events and came home and crashed. After rest I needed to still unwind so for some reason thought it would be a grand idea to get drunk with my friend that evening...NOT. haha. anyhow, that made for an interesting return to work Wednesday.
All in all the weekend was a blast and I miss them all already. I really hope I don't have to wait another 6 years to see them :( Time flies I know but the kids really enjoyed them and I would love for them to know P and G.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Also included was the requisite trip to Malley's for sundaes on Monday!! Yum-o!
Post a Comment