Briar Kelly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 31, 2009

2nd week of school

Griffin still did not want to go to school but once I reminded him that we needed to go turn in the homework he got more excited. Our homework was to fill out some sheets about his name, his likes, his dislikes, our family. Then they asked us to put together a photo album of his family, friends, etc. Thankfully this assignment wasn't too difficult since my mother so nicely put together an album for him last christmas (or maybe the christmas before). anyhow, we labeled the people, added a few pictures more recent and went through it with him. We also took a photo of us as a family in the living room...even got Mazzy in the picture :)

Anyhow, I tried my hand at dropping the kids (both of them at two different places) off at daycare this a.m. Paisley helped me drop Griffin off and i think that may have helped somehow because it was pretty good. He did say he was sad that I had to go but then Miss Mollie asked him to show her his album and he was fine. I think it is going better overall. We shall see tomorrow when it is normally a stay home day.

Paisley had a practice run at her new daycare. Virginia is going to be watching her with another little boy, Devon. The two kids seemed to get along well and V is just a great loving grandma type :) I think Paisley is going to enjoy her time there...I am a nervous wreck over all the change but my kids are doing awesome! haha. I do think we get too much paperwork from the center but I guess that is how it goes?

Please if you pray a family I know could use some extra thoughts....their little 3 y.o. was in the hospital last week with e. coli and now two days later the mom is in the hospital with blood clots. They are having arought couple of weeks.

Lastly, grandpa has a surgery date..next thursday....sept. 10th. I am in debates as to whether I should find someone to watch the kids...I know everyone will say, "no no. go about your biz" but I would like to be there for them all. I will discuss with lee and also the other peeps and see what is going on. M and K will be away so I think I should go and be with Sandy.

anyhow, off for a walk with Tamara.

2 comments:

mom said...

I woudld appreciate the company if my dad was having surgery

The Stewart's said...

most definitely go. The support will be appreciated.