Have I mentioned Griffin is two? ha. Anyhow, he is such a good boy and I'm continuing to love parenting him but man, he is stubborn, opinionated, and has an agenda some days :) He has a plan and he's going to do it! (Even if mommy disagrees). We retired the high chair over the weekend. According to others, real life and on-line friends, we are on the later end of doing this but it was one place we could rely on keeping him contained. It has been much harder on us than him to retire it. I don't even think he noticed honestly. Now, eating at the table is not something he is enjoying but we are working on it. He has had several meals there, several at his plate on the t.v. tray, and a few roaming (which we are attempting to halt asap). I think it's going well.
What else is new with the G man? Tonight he requested a bath. It's not that we are awful parents and want to refuse but it was already getting late and it is his new ploy to "extend" waking hours. So, we kindly told him "no". I did offer to let him brush his teeth which he was into doing. So, we go to the bathroom, he gets his toothbrush, I grab the toothpaste and place him on the toilet like he usually wants (even though I bought a nice stool for him at target, what do I know, right?). Anyhow, he gets his toothpaste and then gets down....where does he go? to the stool! awesome! But he still didn't want to brush his teeth, he wanted to wash his hands. This is something I've been trying to get him to do more often (all in training my dirty little boy :)) He took the soap, rubbed his hands until the bubbles came, and then gladly played in the water until the bubbles went away. It was so fun! Then he brushed his teeth, put his toothbrush away, put the stool back, and left the bathroom. He's getting sooooo grown up!
As for 2nd baby, crazy kid! she/he is acting just like the G man and kicking me up a storm, also doing this rolling thing that sort of makes me feel like a permanent belly flop. Kind of fun, kind of annoying. I am discovering that she/he is sensitive to caffeine moreso than G which is a bummer because I"m more tired this time. Grrrr! Anyhow, maybe I will have to limit now but won't have to later? One can hope, eh?
As for dog news....she sucks. I love her but man, she is pooping, peeing, and vomiting in my house, stinking it up, staining it up and just causing chaos. And Lee is not the best at the stains....he cleans the mess and is trying desperately to help me but it's just not his strong suit. Ugggh, I'm looking at one now in the hallway and can still smell the hint of vomitus. It's just great. All I can say is for the sake of her life she is lucky this didn't happen in april/may....she'd be a goner with morning sickness in full effect :)
off to bed....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
oh my..the dog....wow..can't waitto see the G-man in about one month!
HAd a great day in NYC with Meg and Gma.
love,
mom
hmmm, i left a puke stain on the rug last weekend... mazzy must have been at the same party i was...
I just love the anonymous comments. ha.
I also love how in that entire blog post only the dog has received comments. lol.
Post a Comment