Briar Kelly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 07, 2007

Baby Trees

Griffin ate almost a cup of cooked broccoli tonight and two fishsticks AT the dinner table with us FOR dinner. This is a major accomplishment and we are not expecting a repeat performance anytime soon but we'll take it. Hey, now I can relax on veggies for a week, right? ha. Since retiring the high chair last week we have decided to attempt family mealtimes during the weekends. Once that becomes consistent we will start putting in weeknights here and there. We are ok with being a t.v. tray dinner family sometimes just not all of the time. :)

Anyhow, we have also started a new routine with him for bedtime. Washing and brushing his teeth. Since he often wants to stay up later these days, we run out of time for bath and/or he doesn't really need one some nights. I've noticed though he struggles a bit more on those nights to settle into bed. Considering we plan to transition him to a big boy bed in the next month or so I think it is time to get him in some definite routines he can rely upon. He is so freaking cute doing it too.

He is really into imaginative play the past few weeks. Both Lee and I are enjoying this and agree it will be our saving grace with this very active child. I have picked him up from daycare 3 times this week and walked back to the office. We play stop/go and "shhhhh, quiet we're hunting bears" both consist of running and then stopping. The 2nd game adds in being very quiet, tip toeing and then running screaming at the "pretend" animal. I'm loving it.

off to eat cookies and watch t.v. with Lee...

No comments: