It's been awhile. I've been busy, tired, and a little distracted I think. Business/Fatigue started last friday when I think Lee and I experienced one of the worst, if the not THE worst, evenings/nights with G man. It all started around dinner. He didn't seem exceptionally over hungry but he lost it 100% when we tried to feed him. Full out tantrum, rolling on the floor, crying, punching, kicking for at least 20 minutes. After that time we were able to somewhat calm him down, feed him, and his mood improved or we thought.....then it was bedtime. No go. He was up a bit later than his usual 8 p.m. bedtime but it was the weekend and we are usually a little lax if he seems up for it. 8:45 and he shows no signs of readiness but we were ready. Put him in his crib after bedtime routine and mass hysterics unfold from his room. This continues for a loooooong time until we surrendered and took him back out. He was very upset and we had to make popcorn to calm him (he loves watching it pop with lee). He was up for about an hour with us watching some non kid t.v. and playing quietly. Tried sleep again, he protested but went down. I then went to bed only to be awoken at 1:30 with screaming bloodly murder from his room, "MOMMA." boy, that pulls at your heart strings. I got him out and he was just hysterical and sooo tired. He passed out in my arms with me rocking him. I took him to my bed after that. He did sleep the rest of the night but I use this term loosely because his "sleep" consisted of multiple times of popping up straight in bed, looking around and then going back to sleep (quite startling to a sleeping mom next to her child), kicking me in the back (fun stuff considering I'm also being kicked in the front :)), and holding my arm like a teddy bear for over an hour at one point. I swear both Lee and I were just beat by saturday morning. We individually took an hour extra sleep to "catch up" but it was NOT enough.
Griffin thankfully has slept better since but I think we have most definitely reached the "trying 2's" (I prefer this to terrible). He has an opinion and gosh darnit he is going to have it heard and executed. ha.
Saturday afternoon was Mike and Melissa's wedding followed with an evening reception. It was lovely and we had a great time!
Sunday was a LOT of lying around for me. I just wasn't feeling great and was overly tired. Lee finished the hole on the side of the house which was awesome. We also watched the Browns lose which stunk but they played well.
And now it's tuesday. I'm off for home and then bed soon. Dad comes in two days!! I'm psyched. I miss them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
gee...Griffin reminds me of a little girl I used to know.....the strong personality and temper tantrums.
Nice to know he is normal and has started expressing himself...it is difficult when you are tired, but you'll all make it through the stage of the "two's". I remember taking Meghan into bed with us on Compton (age 2+)...didn't work either- after getting beat up, would put her back in her bed.
For some reason I don't remember if you had sleep disturbances like that at that age..had night terrors consisting of screaming in your sleep and never quite woke up-age 5-6.
could it be molars? Check his neck for subluxations just in case ;) Just reminding you in case you're too exhausted to think of it.
Post a Comment