Briar Kelly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Great weekend

after several rough weeks and nice weekends that I just couldn't seem to enjoy this weekend I really enjoyed the entire time. The kids were in decent moods, noone was ill, we cleaned, I worked, we got outside, we socialized...it really was a little bit of everything. Of course I am still exhausted but that really does seem par for the course these days.

stupid cavs lost. nuff said...stupid cavs.

Lee leaves tomorrow afternoon. He will be gone all week in vegas. We will all miss him. I think I will the most...:) I know it will all be fine and the week will be busy enough to barely notice really but gah, I am a little freaked out.

we started the first step of our get outta debt plan this week. yahoo..it has begun. I already am afraid of failing but need to get that out of my head fast. why do I always live in fear. It isn't like I have failed a lot in my life or been scared much in my life either yet the unknown is really not something I like. does anyone? if so, I want to hear from you. I envy your ability to go with the flow of life, the twists and turns. I am discovering more and more about myself that the only way I cope with life is with a plan..so if plan 1 goes awry I must soon develop a new plan. with children you can imagine I am constantly creating plans in my head....it is a tad exhausting. I am working on new ways to help this with beginning routines that the entire family can have so that I am not just reacting to their impulses. I am sure this will get better as the children mature, I hope?

off to finish the day and then rest....aaaah, isn't that what sundays are about really?


p.s. griffin funny..."look into my eyes" "daddy you got your haircut? it's nice." "my feelings. I lost my feelings" just don't want to forget these times when he is just pure innocence. love that kid!

4 comments:

Meredith said...

"My feelings. I lost my feelings." priceless - love it.

I think learning to love the unknown is one of the great challenges of being human! The wiser you get, the more you realize how little you know.

Allison said...

yeah, he usually loses said feelings through his hiccups and at night when he is scared. wow. priceless :)

Shirley said...

OMG-so precious. write those down in his babybook or somewhere (cuz I sure won't remember)
I HAD to read "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" for my bookclub. It was tortuous. I would have not read past the first few chapters if I hadn't the pressure of my small group hanging over my head. BUT..there were some good things in there about Quality and values and different ways to approach the various chores of life. I never took a Philosophy course in my life...it was a bit much to read thru all that (I think I got most of my PHIL from that movie with Keanu Reeves (So-Crats and Miss of-arc).hahahahaha

The Cribkeeper said...

Yes, always developing a new plan. I hear ya on that one. Makes my brain hurt.