I walked Griffin to school today. I was not sad but it is so strange. The years pass and my little guy is turning into a big guy. He still "needs" me and I cherish that all the time. He blew a kiss to me too which just about made me well up but I held it together. He is a sweet soul (even through all his making his sister miserable). I do believe he is in first grade but it is the next year and the next and the next that have me a little concerned right now. I will just, for now, take one day at a time....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Speaking from my own experience with Daniel, your little guy will need you for many more years! As he gets older, I find my biggest challenge is striking that fine balance between protecting him and getting him ready to leave the nest; wanting to impart my values, yet accepting that he is his own person; wanting him to stay young and need me always in that way, and yearning (curious) to see what kind of adult he turns out to be!
As you said, one day at a time....
Thanks Meredith!
Post a Comment