Briar Kelly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Oh sleep, where are you?

Paisley will not stop coming to our bed at night. This makes for some very disrupted and crowded sleeping. Ugh. I am so tired each and every morning. I know she is the cause because on the rare day she does not come in I wake refreshed. Sigh. I would try to stop her but I am sleeping so I don't realize until morning she is there sully. I don't know what to do. It is getting to be more than I want to handle and yet I know she is still little so I try to be patient. We discuss this with her and she knows our expectation. She is afraid at night...trains, dark, griffin making noises that sound like he is going to eat her, being alone. This too shall pass....for now I will drink a chai.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I wonder if she would "go" for a bed on the floor in your room? Maybe just being in the same room with you would help? I remember that stage very well- we would try to let the little one in, but then it would be too disruptive. One of us would take that one back to bed. I think it happened more with Meg.