Briar Kelly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 24, 2008

cooking up a storm....

well, not really but I have done some and am planning more. I cooked a chicken, a whole one, last week. We ate two meals from that. Then I made stock, used some of the chicken leftovers, carrots and celery from inside the chicken, and egg noodles to make awesome (if I do say so myself) chicken noodle soup which we ate for 2 dinners and I had for lunch today. We also still have some breast meat left over for making chicken salad for tonight's dinner. Wow! I'm going to do this again since chickens are BOGO at the eagle this week :)

I also made a roast which we ate for several meals, then I froze some of the meat, sliced thinly and am going to make philly steak wraps for dinner one night soon. The roast was BOGO last week so with the other one I am going to crock pot it with taco seasoning, shred it up, make taco salads for dinner one night, then make a batch of our chimichilatas!!! YUMMO...going to have to make some of them without cheese but that's ok, still great and delicious.

About to go toast some almonds....

I am on day 2 of dairy free. It's going alright and I am just plugging through any temptations kind of like an addict. I am taking inspiration from a story my grandmother told me this past weekend....no need to start over after 7 years clean, right GG?

later gators....

3 comments:

The Cribkeeper said...

Okay, thanks, now my mouth is watering as I sit here and eat my sad turkey sandwich. So why are you going dairy free? Just curious.

The Stewart's said...

mmmm mmmmm good. Hey I need to give you muy fire and ice almond recipe. it's very tasty and makes you want to eat more. Oh I found those bean dish recipes not just need to copy them and send them to ya.

Anonymous said...

I am impressed with the way you are stretching your budget! Way to go- inspiration for all of us! I LOVE soups and find them delicious,filling and nourishing and thankful I have a husband who also enjoys soups.