Briar Kelly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 04, 2008

Rolling Rolling

So, my babe is growing too fast I've determined. She is no longer just a blob...now she is a rolling blob. It's only happened three times but two of them were today. She has gone from her back to her tummy. No more leaving unattended. Doesn't this seem early? Maybe it will hold true what they say about boys vs. girls in this house. hmmmm.

Griffin has been a crack up. He is adding words to his vocab. daily. This week we've heard "Giant Egg", "Whirlwind" for tornado, and a myriad of other lengthy sentances. His intelligibility is still difficult but I think it's improving weekly as well. Today at daycare apparently he was pointing out everything in the book they were reading. She turned the page and he yelled, "A bell A bell A bell". She said, "I guess I didn't pay attention to him quickly enough because then he started running around in a circle waving his finger back and forth like a bell and said, 'ding ding ding a bell a bell a bell'." I was cracking up. When he described whirlwind to us we didn't understand so he acted it out by doing twirls and making whooshing noises. He's a smart one, eh? I'm enjoying watching him develop and learn...it's so cool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, you turned early...from tummy to back first(in the OLD days we used to place babies on tummies) and then quickly from back to tummy- I was shocked finding you in the corner of the crib at a very young age, under the blanket..(we did that No-No as well). She is fast for the average I think- she is very strong for her age..I think she was born extra strong!

Now, he just cracks me up! He must have heard Whirlwind on Dora or from us saying that our holidays were a whirlwind....he does say big words for simple objects- I can't think of the one he pulled on me but if I do,I'll let ya know -write these in his baby book!

Ahmie said...

del rolled front-to-back at 17 days (did it 5 times in a row that day), and was consistantly going back-to-front about at about 3.5mo, even tho the kid gets barely any floor time between Liam stepping on him or my being too exhausted to do the choking hazard scavange... he's still already trying to crawl at not quite 6.5mo... if he had unlimited opportunity to wrk on his technique he would be crawling already, i'm sure.

they should be fun playmates someday ;)