Briar Kelly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Great Day

Today was just all around a nice family day. I got to sleep in until 10 a.m.!!! woot. We took our time getting ready for the day with Lee playing with the kids, me taking a long shower, tidying a bit, eating a late breakfast, the kids eating for the third time of the day (ha), etc. We finally were ready to walk up to the YMCA and sign up for our new membership. We stopped for chai and coffee first, then a quick stop at elder N's house, then to the Y. We all got our id's, even Griffin, and we are set. G man and I are going swimming tomorrow to break in our membership!! On our way home we got ice cream at DQ and then stopped again at the in-laws for a visit. The rest of the day involved dinner, baths, and bedtime. I did some watching of t.v. and cooking this evening. Yes, a great day...

things of note: P took two steps today on her own. I think it was a fluke but it marks the beginnings of her walking! G said Please several times on his own today, he is practicing holding up two or three fingers (it's hard to get those fingers in the right spots), he is continuing to learn magic, and he ate SPAGHETTI! for the first time tonight with the family---this is a major deal :)

tomorrow is my morning on with the kids so I should get to bed....

2 comments:

The Stewart's said...

sounds like a wonderful time - glad to hear you got a membership at the Y didn't know it was a thought on the horizon - that should help the long winter. YAY on P taking 2 steps watch out now. :oD

Anonymous said...

wow- what a great report! Hurray on Griffin's progress and P may be walking before age one! You guys walked all the way to the Y? that is far,isn't it? Oh, I forgot- you are young! hee hee