Briar Kelly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 19, 2008

Stupid Me

So, I try hard to be green but some things I just cannot give into....my streaky stainless steel was one of them until tonight. I have always used nothing or just water on them when I clean but once/month allowed my cleaning lady to be toxic in our house with ZEP ss cleaner. It was STRONG but it worked and the smell didn't linger more than a day and I didn't feel ill from it (so it must be safe, right? ha). Well, neither of us have been able to locate the stuff since I ran out a few months ago. Finally I just broke down and bought a different brand. Bad idea. It looks great...but now my house is making me ill. More specifically my kitchen but it seems to be spreading. Blech. I feel lousy and it's all my damn fault. Lee cannot smell anything due to allergies but the poor kids...how do I get rid of this stuff? HELP!!!

2 comments:

The Stewart's said...

have you just tried baking soda and water and boiling it off and on for a period of time then just scrubbing it with a pad. It works wonders for my ss.

Anonymous said...

good suggestion- I had read about white vinegar too, but haven't tried it. I have white appliances for a reason although I need a trick to clean those roughie handles on the fridge!