Briar Kelly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 30, 2009

More illness, more snow, and more work....

but at least I've been sleeping. I swear the colds and snow just won't go away. This time around Paisley had a case of the crying. She just wouldn't stop...nothing I did was right and I could tell she was frustrated but I'm sooo glad she is back to smiling even if still sniffly. Griffin woke yesterday a.m. fine but within the hour said to me he was "still tired and was going to sleep right here" (points to couch). Within another hour he was decidedly NOT sitting on the couch and I was beginning to think he just wanted attention when I noticed his nose was running clear. I spent the next hour wiping it every 5 minutes because although he is very good at getting the kleenex and he is very good at wiping, he is not so good at doing the too together ;) By 11 a.m. he was becoming listless on the couch and by lunchtime/naptime he was zombied out on the couch. At one point he asked to watch t.v. in my room which I obliged. I heard him yell out while I was tending to Paisley and by the time I got upstairs he was asleep in the hallway floor-lol. I moved him to my room and he stayed there off and on until 1 a.m. Then he kept Lee up all night. fun times.

This a.m. Griffin announced...."I all better. I don't hurt right here" (cups forehead) I can only guess he had a headache yesterday. He is "drippy" and congested sounding but I think he's on the uphill. His appetite is back and he was happy to play at daycare when I dropped him off.

I really really hope they are both better by next week when we travel!!! Of course that just means they will be sick the following week, right? Or that I'll get it instead? Blah.

Oh and the snow...yeah, we got a shit ton. It's crazy but at least no longer on the streets, just piled around town on sidewalks, parking lots, cars. I even saw a dumptruck moving some out of lakewood. ha.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sick kids= not fun. Sounds like Grif zoomed thru it as usual. I imagined P was crying cuz her ears hurt.That is what makes them cry inconsolably...esp when they recline..builds up pressure. Can they take anything before flying? I know you don't want to drug them, but could help. Any safe decongestants for kids?

Allison said...

none on the market now. That was the weird thing...she was sleeping fine...it was only when she was awake that she was upset. She just wanted to be held alllllll day. SPOILED!

Anonymous said...

well, you know how it is with those advanced children: they do everything to the extreme. ;)