Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Time Out for Paisley
She's 1 week from 14 months. Yesterday I had to put her in time out. I'm not even sure that is appropriate for her age but she stayed on the step, didn't cry, and then went about her merry way after. She had hit Griffin pretty deliberately and without provocation from him. I know she's frustrated because she can't really communicate as well as she wants or understands. It's got to be frustrating. I remember this from when Griffin was younger but I thought it was a little later?? maybe since she sees Griffin she is mimicking too? I don't know but it is frustrating. Unlike G man she didn't seem phased by the time out. It was almost like, "yeah whatever mom." After Lee arrived home he said something about it because she hit him and she did this fake smile/cry/squish face and then walked herself over to the step, all the while with the face. It was unreal. Where has my sweet baby gone? lol. She is still quite sweet really and that smile! wow....it will melt your heart. I want my kids to get along, at least for the most part, and yesterday was rough in that department. I honestly didn't think this would start so soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
She's so advanced! ;]
ah yes - Nat would pinch at that age to get attention. So she's getting what she wants.
Post a Comment