This a.m. we all went over to our community garden plot (literally 100 feet from our house-or something like that since I am really bad at measurements) to turn the soil to prepare for GARDENING! The kids had fun too after they stopped trying to kill each other and hurt all the tools we brought or others brought with them. We saw some HUGE worms which I think will be great for the plantings. Now to decide what to plant :) I am thinking peppers, carrots, potatoes, onions, and maybe some other things at that garden. We have tomatoes, lettuce and herbs at home. I might do some cukes and zucchini at home but now sure about doing them at the garden. Maybe. Also, would consider doing more lettuce at the garden but it needs to be watered frequently so I want more sturdy plants there in case I skip a day.
Hoping to get the grandmother involved a little :) (if she reads this-haha) so maybe she can help with watering and/or weeding here and there, and/or harvesting when the time comes.
Oh yum! I am sooo excited.
Day 5 of the cleanse was good.
Breakfast: smoothie and egg scrambled
Lunch: Lee made chicken sausage, sweet potatoe fries baked, and a salad.
Late Lunch (hey, I did a lot of manual labor today since after our gardening we came home and did the yard too): turkey burger, red pepper strips, and cup of lentil soup leftovers
Snack: orange
Dinner: Taco salad with chicken (did not really want the chicken-protein?)
Now I want some tea but worried it will keep me up. hmmm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
sounds great! what street is it on?
have fun-we were wondering why you needed a roto tiller
that is so cool that you have a community garden plot. Can't wait to hear what you decide to plant and how well it does.
Post a Comment