Briar Kelly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 01, 2010

Swimming

I took the kids swimming at the Y since it was our last day of our membership. We will still have opportunities to swim once the weather is nicer but that could be awhile.

Griffin had his muscle suit on and it did not take long for him to begin swimming all around. I was not sure how Paisley would do since the last time we were there she wanted to just take off, of course she does not know how to swim so this led to a lot of frustration on her part. Rinse and repeat is how it began but then she asked to put a life vest on. That was pretty good and she was figuring it out and becoming less afraid of being away from me but she could not keep herself steady and kept flipping to her back. Then she asked for this swim belt. I was not sure how that would go but WOW! She did amazing. She had that and a pool noodle and was swimming around all by herself in under a minute. Then about 15 minutes later she wanted to get rid of the pool noodle and was swimming with just the belt. She had to work to keep herself up as the belt just assists. It was sooo cool to watch. And wow! she is powerful....she was trucking around that pool. Right before we left she took the belt off and I swore if we had stayed a bit longer she would have taught herself to swim. lol. I am definitely getting those belts for the kids and some pool noodles. Yahoo!

Oh and they both slept amazingly well tonight....NOT. why when they get overtired do they sleep like crap? They did sleep long though and seem refreshed this a.m. Sadly I am not as refreshed. haha.

No comments: