Briar Kelly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 09, 2011

Boring Weekend

That is what happens when you spend all weekend in continuing education classes. I guess we all benefited from the quiet though. The kids and Lee were able to do what they do when i am not around, ie. pillow fight, pretend princess/dragon/knight play, and hide n seek. There are not too many spots for a grown man to hide in our house so it is as hysterical as it sounds. I am still getting over my cold, Griffin is still hacking at night, and Miss P does not feel too great today. I just hope we can get well soon....sooooo tired of this.

Today I heard that a friend of the family growing up died. I had heard the other day he had a stroke and was in the hospital and it was not looking good for him to come out. I am so saddened for the family as the kids are all younger than me which means 20s. I know this is not little kid but I cannot help but think it is still way too young. This particular family is in my mind known as the smiley family...always had smiles...and goood ones. As a catholic attending church growing up regularly you got to know the other regulars and I was personally comforted in some weird way by seeing them each week, generally sitting in the same location, and behaving similarly each week. It was something I could relie on. yeah, the smiley family. My sister also dated the eldest boy and he is a sweetheart. Anyhow, life is precious and today I am reminded a little more clearly.

Off to make some broccoli chedder soup. Gonna wing the recipe so hope it turns out ok. haha. I just don't want to follow a recipe.

No comments: