Briar Kelly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Strange Day

I think I needed a little bit of a lazy day but that was not my plan this a.m. I got out the door on time, got Griffin to school, took Paisley to the grocery store, ran the groceries home, and went to play group. Play group was fun, I socialized and P played, then we came home...this is where things went to pot. I should have cleaned, tidied, piddled, fed us a decent lunch, and possibly napped our child. Instead I talked on the phone with my dad and then Kelly for 2 hours. Then I rushed to do some dishes and rushed to pick up Griffin. After arriving back home I was just exhausted, the kind where you cannot even keep your eyes open. I thought if I just sat in bed reading some blogs I would refresh and be able to tackle dinner, tidying, laundry......

nope.

I napped instead. Paisley did too. and I ignored Griffin :( and he scavenged food which means he ate 3 applesauces and some cheese (while the dog at the rest of the bag of cheese). When I woke up I was crabby and disoriented. The rest of the evening was just weird and disjointed. I did not really eat dinner but did feed the children. They went to bed late and now I sit pretty wide awake due to the nap. Weird day but maybe I needed it?

2 comments:

Mom said...

I believe that things happen for a reason- you needed to take the time for yourself and talk to people and rest. I remember "holding you over" with graham crackers while we were renovating Wyoming street when we first moved to St Louis. Maybe that's why you continually escaped from the house and went to the Brewsters! to eat! haha...or..took a loaf of bread and peanut butter one morning and offered food to the neighbors going to work. Such a nurturer from the get-go!

The Cribkeeper said...

Allison....I love your blog:) So glad you're writing again!