Briar Kelly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Liver Hour

On traditional eastern medical charts they will often associate the organs with certain times of the day. I have never experienced this although I have seen patients who have or have reported this phenomenon. The Liver is associated with the middle of the night, usually 2-4 a.m. and man did I have a visit from the Liver last night. Ugh. I am on day 2 of detox and my body was seriously working it last night. I woke with itchy legs and I mean itchy around 2:30 a.m. I tried to just scratch and go back to sleep but no go. I thrashed with the itches for nearly an hour and then finally got up to pee and put lotion on. The lotion really did not help but it made me think it did. I thrashed for at least another hour until I fell back asleep...THEN I slept HARD for 3 more hours making us very late this a.m. Weird stuff happening but at least I am doing it, right?

This a.m. smoothie and green tea. I am hungry and slightly headachey. I think it is in part sleep deprivation though.

you can read about the liver hour and other associated organs with times here.

http://www.astrodreamadvisor.com/Qi-Cycle.html
http://www.alchemycalpages.com/heal10.html

1 comment:

The Bryan-Stewarts said...

cool - in all my acupuncture of the years have never heard of the liver hour. making me think