Briar Kelly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Holiday Prepping

We spent a good portion of last weekend creating for our loved ones. Tomorrow I am going to do a little project with the kids for their teachers....chocolate peppermint popcorn. I scored big with griffin on this because he loves popcorn and because I am psychic (or he thinks) since they are decorating their classroom with peppermints. He thinks I am falling in with the theme.

Anyhow, you pop plain popcorn, put it on a cookie sheet, melt chocolate, drizzle, sprinkle crushed peppermints. let get solid and then crunch up a bit and put in a little tin. I really really hope it turns out ok.

Tomorrow is also midwife appointment....I just want to get through today. A busy one at work. It is very sad when you wake from a restful night's sleep and the first thing you think is "can't wait to go to bed tonight." ha. There is not enough sleep for this lady these days.

1 comment:

The Bryan-Stewarts said...

oh yum love the peppermint chocolate popcorn idea. Might try it here. Still haven't made our traditional christmas cookies - no time lately.

Natalee has a homemade christmas ornament exchange next week. So we need to get on that. Maybe dough ornaments or sugar crystals. She'll decide soon or if not I will!!! Stay sane and peaceful my friend.