Is not my favorite pastime. While that may be true I can run and do occasionally when not pregnant. When pregnant? Apparently this is something I should always avoid. Today lee dropped me at a store so I could pick up a last minute Xmas present. He circled and I had just missed him as I exited the store. I tried waving, walking briskly, and then I ran. Oh my goodness. This must have been a hysterical sight as two men laughed at me and two others smiled and said "well merry Christmas.". I have never felt so ridiculous. After finally catching up to him and getting into the car, it took a good 5 minutes to stop panting. And then after driving home I could barely walk. An icing down and nap later things improved but I am pretty sure I will be suffering for days from my little "jog". Good grief.
A side note: this reminds me of a story my sister in law reminds me of on occasion. The first time I met her I was pregnant with paisley and battling some sciatica. It was august too so the combination of pain, heat, and pregnancy had me sitting on an ice pack (no humility I swear). Needless to say she was horrified because she did not know why I was sitting on ice. She asked my BIL "doesn't that usually happen after the baby?". Haha. I guess I really have broken her in since ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
ROFLMBO!!!!! Seriously I had tears streaming down my face as I read this. I am sorry you had to run but I am glad you blogged about it!! Plus I never heard that Sciatica story. Yes - that was a good breaking in of a SIL.
It really was funny and ridiculous. All of it.
Frozen peas. OMG!
Post a Comment