Briar Kelly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 26, 2007

Rough Night

Perspective is an amazing thing! Paisley was awake last night from 1 a.m. until about 6 a.m. NOTHING comforted her. Well, nursing did but she isn't wanting food so thing she just pukes it all up. Needless to say we were at our wits end but all I could think was, "this too shall pass". And pass it will, probably quickly. I refuse to wish away these moments with her because I did that a lot with Griffin when I was too tired. I want to enjoy her even when she's the little devil child ;)

anyhow, relaxing today...off to rest.

3 comments:

Ahmie said...

are you getting enough protein in your diet? How are your iron levels? just wondering if maybe some dietary stuff might be upsetting her. I really blame all those little-but-carbohydrate foods I was eating while traveling in August for Del's ongoing digestive issues (he's still spitting up several times a day) - I really think it caused foremilk/hindmilk imbalance which then triggered reflux issues that we're still working out (having a few members of the family who think babies "need" to cry to work their lungs doesn't help, if he cries he gets obvious reflux symptoms and usually pukes quite a lot as soon as he calms down if his stomach wasn't empty).

If you need meals let me know. We're going to be making more turkey soup I think. Are you going dairy-free (or reduced dairy) with her since G had those issues? I've got lots of almonds too... my MIL makes great almond cookies but they have a lot of butter in them so if you're going dairy-free they're not a good idea for you.

Try some soothing tea for yourself, it'll go through your milk to her too. I have Mango Chamomile, Tension Tamer, and that Nighty Night stuff I think it was Mary recommended. Happy to drop some off for you so you don't have to go get some or send Lee for it - maximize that together time, guys :)

The Stewart's said...

when she's the little devil child ;)

Remember that. (wink) oh those first few days are so tough. I remember now.

Anonymous said...

good advice from your nursing cohorts. I saw some almonds above the microwave in that snack basket- I took my container home. sorry.bake them on the cookie sheet to roast. Love the new picture! she changes daily.