I am one of those people that actually finds doing laundry therapeutic. I know, I"m crazy, shut up! I should say actually that I USED to find it therapeutic because now I can barely get one load done without having to wash it twice (because it sat for too long the first time), dry it 2-3 times (because it sat and/or because our drier needs some TLC), fold it on the D-L (when they are sleeping and I"m exhausted or in between battling each of them trying to knock down the piles of perfectly folded laundry all while they find it thoroughly amusing and I try not to laugh but I do too because they are cute and it's making them happy), and then putting it away! puh-lease...like that happens unless my mother is coming to visit (and then sometimes not even then ) or my cleaning lady is showing up. man, so much for therapy. haha.
I'm sure I will get back to finding it therapeutic. Then I will think back to these times and cry in my laundry pile, right? lol.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Oh my GOSH! I totally could have written this. Now, I just live out of a basket and I hate it. I swear I was matching socks on Sunday & Piper kept climbing in the basket and tossing the socks around the room.
Sigh.
It's a good thing they're so cute, huh?
When your house is clean and in perfect order and no little ones are knocking over the laundry pile or smirking (those dimples!) while driving you crazy...you will be 56 going on 57 and wondering where the heck time went!!!!! PLEASE, moms and dads who read this- DON'T wish your lives away. Enjoy each moment no matter how exhausting! Love to you all,
Alli--I LOVE LOVE LOVE doing laundry. I fold Kurt's laundry when he leaves it in the dryer (which is always) and try to act like I am doing him a huge favor but secretly I just couldn't bear to stuff it into a basket... In fact, it is because of this love, that today is a sad, sad day for me. Yesterday our dryer stopped working, so tomorrow I have to go to a friend's house and do some laundry while I study for my OB final. While it is loads better (haha, get it?) than going to a laundromat it isn't the same as doing it at home... Hopefully out landlady will get it fixed ASAP!
I secretly love to do laundry too(8 to 10 loads per week). It's such a sensory experience in many ways. My favorite part is the feel and smell of fresh hot clothes coming out of the dryer. I make it into a Zen moment. Of course, it helps that my laundry room is next to the kitchen, not in the basement or a laundromat!
I second that notion about not wishing your life away. It seems like yesterday my kids were babies, and now the oldest is in middle school. Savor every nerve-wracking moment!!
some years back a St MArgaret's mom was in our office and trying to make a next appt and going through her head...Soocer practice, girl scouts, basketball game, etc, etc.... I said "Oh, I miss those days so much!" She looked at me like I had two heads "Oh, you just have been away from it too long!" so true...absence makes t he heart grow fonder in many ways
Post a Comment