Briar Kelly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Future Channel 5 News Reporter?

So we went to Griffin's conference this a.m. and Miss Kathy had not a bad word to report :) She really relayed how much they are enjoying Griffin in their classroom and how much he is blossoming socially and intellectually. It was great to hear, of course. We see it too which is awesome!

Each morning they have circle time and they get to go around the circle and talk about what they did the day before, evening before, or over the weekend. Griffin always sits quietly listening and waiting for his turn. When it is his turn he tells them excitedly what he has to say and then he always ends, "and that is my news." haha. My little reporter.

The other cute thing she had to share was that he really enjoys the house corner. A few of the boys do along with most of the girls in the class. One day he tried on the play wedding dress and he and another little boy twirled in their dresses for some time, feeling the dress spinning around and the air flow up under it. She said she could tell how much he thought it was cool and it brought her back to that carefree time in childhood. awwww.

He is really enjoying drawing pictures. We have several to share from his most recent batch and suddenly all his people have arms, legs, hands and FEET! haha. our feet are the best. If i can figure it out I will scan and share. Along with drawing he likes to dictate the story to them so they will write it down.

At the beginning of the day Miss Tara does weather and the calendar with the kids and she had a pictures of vegetables she put up (I am not sure why but it sparked Griffin's story). Griffin said to her, "I love when my dad sign's up for vegetables because I LOVE Candy Corn." Oh dear. haha. I know he knows the difference but maybe we should refresh him on that. lol.

4 comments:

The Bryan-Stewarts said...

too cute, you should have shared that with me at lunch. He is a hoot. Hey how about taking a picture of it instead of scanning to share. We can't wait to see his drawings, a future picasso, monet, van gogh or polk

Allison said...

good idea. I will do that.

Allison said...

and OMG I thought I did tell you this. ha. where is my brain? lol.

Mom said...

I have had so much fun telling the Griffin stories lately- keep 'em coming cuz he is a very amusing little guy!