How much regret should one live with? I firmly live my life that the answer to that should be zero. Of course sometimes that is easier said than done. Today I heard news that an old friend from Heinens died saturday. I saw her son the week before and he told me it was nearing the end and she was in hospice. So much has been going on and the kids have been really hard at bedtime. I knew that if I was going to go it was going to have to be that evening. It did not happen. I did not make it happen. I just did not go. Now she is dead. I know logically it does not make a difference whether I went or not but I am still regretful. I am sad for my friend's family. Her youngest just turned 18 years old. He should be enjoying his senior year as student body president, preparing for college, thinking about prom and graduation. Instead he buried his mother today :(
RIP Virginia "Ginny" Gibbons.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Regret and Guilt....two emotions I could do without. They should not even exist.
interesting you blogged about regret, it has been something I have been thinking alot about lately. In fact I was thinking about blogging about it today. I am trying not to have regrets, because it is a wasteful use of my energy. That said I still haven't figured out how not to have regrets.
ok, so is it a problem that I spent a week with you all and did not hear this?
Post a Comment