Briar Kelly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Cityfresh and the Farmers market

Summer is here even if the temperature doesn't reflect because the food has arrived..the growing season has begun!! I picked up some fresh cheese, jam, and honey at the farmers market this afternoon. then this evening I picked up our first shares of cityfresh. we got maple syrup, bok choy, onions, kale, lettuce, green garlic (not sure what this is), and some herbs. I am soooo excited. then I picked up some fresh bread and a treat from the local baker who had a stand...oh my that lazy daisy cake is YUM!!

anyhow, griffin LOVED the bread. go figure but he did also eat a little bit of lettuce. Paisley and I enjoyed the bread, jam, cheese, onion with some zucchini I had in fridge, and it was all soooo tasty.

off to bathe and bed...they both napped a loooong time today for anna so wish me luck for an early bed...I am sooo tired.

1 comment:

The Stewart's said...

Did you get garlic scapes? Love that. Cuz we didn't get any. I'm assuming you got full shares - because of the jam.