Thursday, June 18, 2009
random fever or not so random?
Both kids had their well check ups on tuesday afternoon. they are well :) or they were until I allowed the nurse to stab tetanus into griffin's leg. ugh. anyhow, he was quite traumatized by it and even though I know it is "for his safety" I am quite traumatized by his response :( anyhow, he was fine after a few minutes and fell asleep on the walk home. about two hours later the fever developed but then disappeared. the next morning he seemed fine so off to our days we went...my sitter called around 10 a.m. to tell me he had fallen asleep on the couch and when she moved him she felt he was really warm. she said she was happy to keep him as l0ng as he was sleeping and not wanting me. I picked him up around 3 with a 103 degree temp. I called the doc and they were concerned it could be a reaction from the vax but he had also had this random (I think made up but who knows in a 4 y.o.) leg pain tuesday as well so the doc was not sure the fever was from that ( like a silent infection or fracture of some sort)....so we waited and he fevered and then he was fine. long story short probably a vax reaction, mild one but it was awful on all counts..glad we can not do that for awhile again. blah.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment