Briar Kelly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 14, 2009

parades and parties

we had a very busy saturday starting out with Parade the Circle over in University Circle. It was a festival and parade of handmade sort. Loads of fun for all...I look forward to this event as the children grow bigger and bigger.

then it was home for some rest (yeah right) and pasta salad making. Then off to a partay (or gathering) of Lee's work folk. His co-worker lives in a pretty neat house down in ohio city/tremont area. I enjoyed that. the kids enjoyed their bounce house and 5 y.o. daughter. we were able to hang out and talk without too much grief from the kids for 3 whole hours. ha. then home where we all collapsed into sleep...Lee was a tad disappointed with the waste of the evening this morning when he woke up.

Not sure exactly what happened during the night of sleep but I put Paisley to bed and then laid down in our bed because my belly muscle was aching. I must have fallen asleep. Then Lee put Griffin to bed and fell asleep in his bed. We are guessing that Grififn left his bed at some point and came to bed with me...I don't remember this at all. What I do remember is being woken up because he fell out of the bed and screamed. I calmed him down and back to sleep but he had woken Paisley so I moved into her room on the futon so she would keep sleeping. blah...awful night of moving and such. so this a.m. Griffin was in our bed all alone, Lee was in Griffin's bed, and I was on the futon in P's room. what a mess.

Today we are working slowly through the day on some to-dos. It is nice just to be moving slowly and not worrying about having to be anywhere :)

2 comments:

Mom said...

how was the visit with The Virginia Carrolls?

The Stewart's said...

musical beds kinda like musical chairs.